Join our team!
Volunteering is another way of giving TLC to our animals.
We are seeking volunteers who wish to join our dynamic team. We invite you to visit the shelter during normal business hours to schedule your training.
Here are some facts to consider when joining our team of volunteers:
- Volunteer work is performed with a smile and in collaboration with our employees.
- Respect and well-being of animals is foremost. We are looking for kindness and respect.
- Training is mandatory. Training sessions last between 15 and 30 minutes.
- Pick the tasks that are of interest to you, your style and talents. Having fun is critical.
- To help with the planning, we ask volunteers to give a minimum of five (5) hours per month, and if possible, on fixed days and times.
- Once the training is completed, you can just show up at the shelter around the scheduled time.
- It is understood that volunteering at the SPCALL does not provide any financial gain for yourself or others. The adoption or drop off fees apply to volunteers as well.
You can choose any of the following training:
- Caring for cats
This training aims at making the cat as comfortable as possible in its environment. Cleaning cages, change drinking water, blankets, litter, feeding, etc.
- Socializing cats
This is to establish a bond with the SPCALL cat population. Grooming, socializing, TLC, playing, etc.
- Walking dogs (16 years of age and up)
This is the primary contact with dogs. If you like outdoors or being with loving, energetic dogs, this will be quite an experience for you. Obviously, you will be asked to walk the dogs and offer TLC and socializing opportunities.
IMPORTANT : Volunteers of less than 16 years of age must be accompanied by an adult at all time.
Please contact us a few days ahead of time to schedule your volunteer training.
For more information, please contact us by phone at 819 326-4059.