What do I need to do if I lose or find an animal?
If you lose or find an animal in one of the municipalities we support, please contact us immediately by phone (819 326-4059 or toll free at 1 866 960-7722) or by internet via the following form. If you leave a voice message, please make sure you leave your name, phone number and a complete description of the animal you have lost or found, including the licence number. Also let us know the municipality where you have lost or found the animal.
If such loss or found is in a municipality we do not support, please contact the pound services of that municipality or the municipality offices. You can still fill out the form below to help us help you.
If you found a cat
If you have found a cat, please give us a call so we may assist you in the best possible way, either the animal is put up for adoption, or we go through the Trap-Neuter-Release (TNR) Program. In either case, places are limited and certain conditions apply. Contact us for more details.
Tricks and advice if you have lost your cat :
- Finding a lost cat - advice (source : educhateur.com)
If you have lost an animal
- I post with a picture of the animal at each municipal board
- I regularly visit the various websites, pounds and shelters to see if my animal has been found. Many animals are lost and do look alike. You stand good chances of finding your animal there.
- I use as many posters as possible: mail boxes, convenience stores, grocery stores, vet clinics, etc. (we suggest a radius of 10 km).
- I let my neighbors know and I use social media as well, including Facebook and Petluck.ca
- I leave objects with the animal scent around the house to attract my animal back.
If you have lost an animal, please do not hesitate to use our Facebook page to post the loss.
Declaration form for a lost or found animal